It does not matter if you are having a full-length religious ceremony or a quick one-two “I Do,” a wedding program is a great way to help your guests follow along and know what to expect. (Plus, it’s a fun way to get creative!) Here is how to create the perfect wedding program:
Make It Your Own
You are the one designing the wedding program, so make it fit you and your soon-to-be husband. Style it to fit the wedding you have created. Don’t worry about it being “traditional” because for today’s wedding, the more original you are, the better!
Looks Aren’t Everything
Of course making your program look beautiful is important, but just as important (if not more) is making it functional! Here is what is traditionally found inside the program:
– Name of bride and groom
– Name of parents of the bride and groom
– List of all bridesmaids and groomsmen
– List of all flower girls and ring bearers
– Name of officiate
– Name of musicians and/or others that will be part of the ceremony
– Simple ‘thank you’ to your friends and family for attending/their love and support
– List of events for the ceremony
Don’t Wait Too Long!
If you do decide to create your own wedding program, be sure to have them done a few weeks before the big day. Why add the extra stress by waiting until the last minute?
We want to hear from you! Did you create your own wedding program? If so, what did you include?