Answers to Frequently Asked Questions that will help you
maximize your bridal dress shopping experience at Trudys.
maximize your bridal dress shopping experience at Trudys.
• Do I need to make an appointment to try on wedding gowns?
Yes, in order to try on gowns and to give you the full attention of our experienced consultants, an appointment is required. With over a thousand gowns to choose from, our consultants are dedicated to helping you find the perfect gown and they know our inventory.
• How long is my appointment?
Bridal gown appointments are typically 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
• HELP! I'm getting married in less than 4 months. Is it too late to get a gown from Trudys?
No, it's never too late! Your options include buying one of our amazing off-the-floor designer wedding gowns. You can also work with a consultant to determine which designer can meet your timeframe for a special rush-cut order. Additional rush charges will apply.
• What should I bring to my appointment?
Bring pictures of dresses you've seen on our website, in magazines, on The Knot, or pictures of dresses you've tried on elsewhere. And bring an open mind! Don't be surprised if you find "The Dress" on your first visit. Trudys provides try-on slips and bras for your appointment but feel free to bring your own.
• Who should I bring to my appointment?
Bring your closest friend or family members, those whose opinions you value the most. This day is about You! Bringing too many people can easily take the focus off of you.
• What size gowns are available for me to try on?
We carry many sample sizes of designer gowns ranging from size 6-26.
• How far in advance do I need to buy my gown?
It is best to allow 6-8 months before your wedding to order a gown and have it altered.
• May I take pictures of the gowns while I try them on?
Yes. We do allow you to take pictures during your appointment.
• When should I order my veil and/or bridal sash?
Special-order designer accessories have a 3-4 months lead-time, so making a decision at the time you order your gown is helpful, or, if you have time, during your viewing appointment when your gown arrives.
• Do I need to make an appointment to look at accessories?
You may come in at any time to look at our large selection of veils, jewelry and bridal sashes. We do however, require an appointment if you would like to try on accessories with your gown.
• Do you carry dresses for bridesmaids, guests and mothers?
Trudys Special Occasions has the best selections and a dedicated staff to help you. Our Bridesmaids Department can accommodate all your Bridesmaids even your out-of-town girls. Please allow 3-4 months for special orders. Just like our wedding gown selection, we offer styles for every price point. Remember, when you purchase your bridal gown, the bridal party will receive special discounts on their dress purchases. No appointment necessary.
Be Prepared for when you say "YES!"
• What is a special-order gown?
Most bridal gowns are special-ordered. To determine your size, we compare your body measurements and the manufacturer's size chart. Most gowns will require alterations by a professional seamstress to achieve a perfect fit (alterations are not included).
• When should I expect to receive my gown?
Your gown typically takes 5-6 months to arrive, sometimes sooner depending on the designers availability. Rush-cuts are also available for closer wedding dates(rush fees apply). There is an additional $20 fee for shipping and handling. You will be contacted to schedule a viewing appointment to try on your gown, accessorize, pay off and pick up your gown. An alteration appointment is then made directly with a seamstress for further fittings.
• What is a rush-cut order?
A rush-cut order is when a manufacturer needs to accelerate the special order process to be able to receive your bridal gown before your wedding date. Rush-cut fees may vary depending on the manufacturer.
• How do I pay for my gown?
We accept American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa, as well as cash and personal checks (personal checks are only accepted in person with a valid drivers license). When special ordering a bridal gown, we require a 50% deposit at the time of purchase. The remaining balance is due within 30 days of when we notify you of your gowns arrival. If buying a sample gown off-the-floor, layaway options are available.
• What are the price ranges of your gowns?
Our regular prices bridal gowns start at $800 and can range upto $4000, depending on the designer. A selection of off-the-rack floor samples are always available at a discount. We also carry a limited collection of informal bridal gowns for $300 and up.
• Will you ship my gown out of state for me?
Not a problem. We can ship a gown anywhere within the United States. Shipping fees apply and may vary on the ship-to location. We do require that we receive the special ordered gown directly to the store first for inspection before shipping out.
• Keep an open mind when trying on dresses. With the help of your experienced consultants, brides are often surprised to find "The Dress" is one they hadn't originally considered.
• Choose your advisers wisely.
- Whom in your life do you truly trust?
- Who puts you at ease and makes you feel good about yourself?
This could be your best friend, a sibling or your parents.
The important thing is that you feel supported through your bridal experience.
• Although you many have never shopped for a wedding dress before, you have been dressing yourself for years! Thing about your personality and everyday style that already fits and flatters you. Consider overall shape, necklines and fabrics. These can be good reference points when you start shopping.
• Many brides have weight or fitness goals they want to achieve before shopping for a wedding dress. It's understandable, but don't put so much pressure on yourself that you run out of time to order a gown. Shop and select a size that looks good on you now, alterations will make it a perfect fit before your wedding day.